Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A reflection: I should have been born in Iceland.

I hope that someday I can leave this country. I won't be bitter and angry towards America - I will leave on good terms. Where I am headed is what I consider "back home." Where the sweaters are thick and the food is rotten. Where the snow falls violently and the sun is shy. Where people are quiet and keep to themselves. Where Sigur Ros was conceived and thus the world became slightly better. Where the party never stops or the party never begins. Where the sky is like a ballet of colors and lights and the stars are brighter then anywhere else on earth. Where glaciers slope down to your toes and reach up through the clouds. Where sheep and ponies graze in peace and puffins are eaten like chicken. Where there is only one road. Where waterfalls tumble down from cliffs and thunder through the silent landscape. Where winter is longer then summer.

I'm talking about a little place called...

ICELAND.

Ég von þessi einhvern tíma Ég geta leyfi þetta land. Ég myndað af ekki vera bitur og reiður til Ameríka Ég vilja leyfi á góður skilmálar. Hvar Ég er höfðaður er hvaða Ég íhuga " bak heimili " Hvar peysan ert þykkur og fæðaið er rotinn. Hvar snjórið bylta ofbeldissinnaður og sólinn er feiminn. Hvar fólk ert rólegur og standa við sig. Hvar Sigur Ros var getinn og svona veröldið logndauður smávegis betri. Hvar veislan aldrei stöðva eða veislan aldrei byrja. Hvar himinninn er eins og a ballett af Kölnarvatn og vitaskip og stjarnan ert verða bjartari þá einhvers staðar annars á jörð. Hvar jökull halli dúnn til þinn toes og ná til upp í gegnum skýinn. Hvar kind og rýtingur skeina í friður og lundi ert matmaður eins og kjúklingur. Hvar er eini einn vegur. Hvar foss steypast niður dúnn frá klettaveggur og þruma í gegnum the hljóður landslag. Hvar vetur er langlífi þá sumar.

Myndað af Ég er talmynd óður í a lítill staður gestur...

ÍSLAND.

1 comment:

Poorni Pillai said...

I've often felt that way myself- I should have been born in Ireland, not India :)